The Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator (MCITP: Enterprise Administrator) credential is the leading certification for Windows Server 2008, providing widely recognized, objective validation of your ability to perform critical, current IT job roles by using Microsoft technologies to their best advantage.
The MCITP certification:
- Focuses on a specific job role, allowing for in-depth validation of your skill set
- Allows you to earn more than one MCITP certification, demonstrating your abilities across multiple roles
- Builds on a combination of Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) prerequisites, helping you develop your technical resume with each step in your MCITP career path
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Requirements
MCITP candidates earn their MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Credential by successfully completing five exams: four Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) prerequisite exams and one Professional Series exam.
MCITP Enterprise Administrator Certification Overview
Earning a MCITP Enterprise Administrator certification in Windows 2008 is a definite step up for your career in the IT industry. This well recognised MCITP certification is held in high regard and will provide to your current and future employers that you have the skills and knowledge to implement and maintain a Windows Server 2008 network infrastructure. People who hold a MCITP Enterprise Administrator certification have one of the highest salaries on average compared to other MCITP certifications, if you wish you can view our comparison of the average MCITP salaries.
To gain MCITP:EA status you will need to gain a pass mark in 5 exams. Four of these are core exams and the last one is an elective which you get to choose.
MCITP Enterprise Administrator core exams: (you need to pass all 4 these)
- Exam 70-640 TS: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Exam 70-642 TS: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
- Exam 70-643 TS: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure
- Exam 70-647 Pro: Enterprise Administrator, Windows Server 2008